We’ve been dealing with many many different apps. App quality and usability are always our core values we never settle for less.
There are some common UX mistakes that engineers often overlooked. Getting these discovered and handled, one can build greater apps.
Get ready, here are our top 10:
10. Long text is too long in a text field
You’ve probably met this before. Long text can be really loooooooooooooooooooooooooong.
It’s not the text’s fault.
It’s the text field couldn’t handle that.
Yet, there are ways to deal with that:
- Truncate the text.
- Overflow the text field, make it scroll.
- Expand the text field.
- Limit the text length!
We have many pixel lovers at Oursky. We strive for perfection in the UI design process, and most importantly, make sure developers implementing them perfectly.
Here we share our internal 101 guideline for developers, wish it will help more junior developer building Web like a Pro.
Web front-end basic styling tips
Buttons and Labels
- Buttons / Labels must have same padding for top and bottom, same applies to left and right paddings.
- Centre align your text.
- Button should expand itself, don’t forget to apply a minimum width in case the label is very short.
- For convenience, if the style for the hover state is not given in design, use darken or lighten function for quick and nice effect.